Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Space Eaters

The Space Eaters' description is a little vague, but I believe they are just a single column of blinding light that can send out spiralling tendrils into the brain of its victim.



In the RPG...

When I first saw the name of these creatures I was expecting something like a Langolier (see below), but this was obviously not the case. Their name comes from the fact that they can create a wormhole by literally "eating their way through space". 
    Their brain-draining attack takes an average of 11 from both INT and POW, as well as 5 from Sanity. Unlike pretty much every other monster listed so far, the opposed STR roll needed to escape the Space Eater's grasp isn't very difficult. With only 35 STR, the chance of an average person breaking free is 78%. This makes them seem a lot less scary, though only lost POW can be recovered—lost INT is gone for good.


In a video game...

I suppose a column of light with arms could be weird/interesting to encounter in a game.

In a film...

I have no idea how I came across it, but I have actually seen an adaptation of The Space Eaters. It was on a show called Monsters. I can't remember if it was any good or not, but at least someone thought the story was good enough to adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment